Friday, February 29, 2008

Compiled emils from Trish's Friends

:::Here a few email corespondences with Trish's friends I had after informing them of her passing. They shared heart-warming stories and I feel it made being the messenger of such terrible news somehow easier::::

I'm truly sorry for the lost. I met Trish at Pratt in architecture school. She and I lived on the same floor in brooklyn and we have several classes together. She was a beautiful person inside and out and an overachiever. She will definitely be missed. Please, if you would not mind, I will keep her family and friends in my prayers. ~ Simon See
***************************************************
I was not as close to Trish as some, but know that she had a lot of life left to live. We went to Pratt together, I can still see her smile and hear her laugh in my very recent memory. I am so sorry for your loss, and the eternal reverberation this will have in the lives of her family and closest friends.

Some small part of her does live on in my memory. My time at Pratt was brighter, better and far more bearable because of Patricia Parker.

Best,

Marley Sutton
*****************************************************

I am so sorry to hear that Trish has passed away - I'm kind of at a loss for words. She was a good friend of mine in high school and we both attended college in New York and tried to meet up every now and then. She was definitely one of the most beautiful, intelligent, and determined girls I knew. She was so independent and strong - it's tough to imagine that she's no longer with us. I hadn't spoken to her in so long. It's hard to find reason in losing such an amazing person.

My deepest condolences are with Trish's family and close friends.

Warm Regards,
Nirali Shah
******************************************************
I had lunch with one of my friends who knew trish this afternoon. It was quite nice to sit and talk about silly memories and look at old pictures. i don't know about you, but i'm having a hard time right now because i see her in everything. so much of my current apartment stuff is stuff we had when we lived together. even the snow on the ground is a reminder of how she introduced me to seasons! being from california and all, i had to learn how to make a snowball. she told me about how you guys played in the snow too, in fact, she talked about you a lot. she had a lot of fond memories of when you lived in that dingy old apt with her. she never was one for unnecessary friendships, but the friends she had, she held dear. oh god, how i miss her. ~ Jen Jacobi

*****************************************************

I was this too timid, awkwardly shy girl in high school. I became friends with Trish my Junior year, and couldn't help but notice how confident she was and how little she cared about others' impression of her. She was probably the prettiest girl in the class and didn't care to be "miss popular" because it would require filtering what she had to say and how she acted. I think part of the reason I changed that year and gained so much confidence in myself was through being friends with Trish. I was able to let go of my inhibitions and stop being so self conscious about everything. I will always remember Trish for showing me how liberating it is to just be yourself.
Nirali Shah

No comments: