Friday, February 29, 2008

My Turn

I think the best thing about Trish for me was how genuinely happy she was for me when good things came along, and she always recognized my worth and pushed me to get what she knew I deserved in life. To have a friend that supportive is rare. She was my best friend. I wanted her to be my maid of honor at my wedding. In the short time I knew her, she gave a lifetimes worth of love, knowledge, support and care. She is in so many things in my life right now and her memory will live on in so many positive ways. I just made her famous vegetarian 3 bean chili last week. I just read the journal entry about the time she killed a cockroach with her huge timberland boot in our Brooklyn apartment. Her blue sweater is in my closet. I used the bathmat she gave me this morning. I am starting a new job next Monday because she pushed me to be the best I can be. “I knew they would see your talent” she said, “Now don’t be afraid to ask for the salary you deserve!” You see, getting the job of my dreams wasn’t enough… Trish had to push me even further. I’m a better person because Patricia has graced my life, and in her passing and hearing so many stories about her from the ones whom she touched the most, I’ve learned so many more life lessons that I’m a changed person. My heart goes out to The Parker and Williams Family.

Adria Taricani

No comments: