Friday, February 22, 2008

Goodbye Patricia

Patricia Parker started at Hanbury Evans in June of 2006. When she started here, she sat across from me, and my first impression of her was that she was a beautiful person -- she was not only a beautiful girl (rather exotic-looking), but she had a beautiful personality too. She had such a sweet disposition, always. Almost daily she visited the Marketing area to share a cup of tea with us. Her teacup was this tiny little white thing, and I used to joke with her about it, that it barely held a couple of mouthfuls of tea, but she would say that it was just enough for her. We would often trade stories about our dogs, or talk about her wedding plans. Whatever we talked about, she was always positive. I never heard her say an unkind word about anyone or anything -- that, in itself, is remarkable, but she was just that kind of person. 

We worked on the Canstruction project together, and she was integral to the structural design. She mapped out the entire structure, and during the build, she oversaw every single layer of cans, making sure that it was perfect. I really don't think the team could have done it without her. 

The other thing about her that keeps popping in my mind is her laugh – she had a very distinctive laugh, and every time I heard it, it made me smile. I will miss hearing that laugh.

I know she enjoyed working here, and all of us who were lucky enough to know her are going to miss her terribly. There is a big hole here on the third floor now, and I don't think we'll ever be able to fill it back up. A very wonderful, unique, special person is gone, and there will never be another like her. 

No comments: