Friday, February 22, 2008

Grief

This is something I read a while ago and wrote in my journal. It seemed to help me so maybe it will be meaningful to others. Sorry, I don't remember who wrote it.

"Grief is like the wake behind a boat. It starts out as a huge wave that follows close behind you and is big enough to swamp and drown you if you suddenly stop moving forward. But if you do keep moving, the big wake will eventually dissipate. And after a long enough time the waters of your life get calm again, and that is when the memories of those who have left begin to shine as bright and as enduring as the stars above. "

1 comment:

clariposa said...

I believe it's Jimmy Buffett.

I'm thinking of you all. I'm so sorry for your loss and to have not met such a wonderfully full of life person as Patricia.

I still think of HEWV as my family, even though I'm so far away. I grieve because my family grieves. I know she felt that same love from you.

I'll be praying for y'all.
~Claire Walpole